Timely payment of EMIs or credit card bills is an essential aspect of taking charge of your financial life. Very often, people miss their bill payments because of their busy schedules. Making on-time bill payments a priority will lead to many benefits and will keep you out of debt traps.
Here are five reasons to pay your EMIs or credit card payments on time:
- Good credit standing: Making timely payments of EMIs or credit card bills will ensure that your credit history remains positive. A good credit score makes you creditworthy. Having a high credit score will enable you to avail quick, formal finance to address your needs in the future.
- Avail loans easily: If you have a high credit score, banks or financial institutions won’t hesitate to sanction your loans. You can even get higher loan amounts with low-interest rates.
- Save on fines: You may avoid the penalty or late payment fee that banks charge by paying the EMIs or credit card bills on time. This helps avoid increasing your financial burden.
- Save money: When you pay your EMIs or credit card bills on time, you save more as the interest on the outstanding amount does not increase. Lenders may charge high interest on delayed repayments.
- Keep the monthly payments low: When you miss your bill payment for a month, you will need to pay it the following month. So, the amount to be paid in the next month will increase. Your next payment will include two installments and also the penalty charge, thereby compounding the owable amount.
Late payments can affect the financial position of people adversely. Make it a habit to pay all your dues on time. It will not only reduce your stress level but also help you avail of all the benefits mentioned above.
More Related Posts
The fact that ecommerce is growing exponentially all over the world is undeniable. Entrepreneurs everywhere are competing with each other to get a piece of this lucrative pie. Definitely, starting a business in the virtual world entails much less costs, making it easier for more and more people to fulfill their dreams of running their own enterprise.
However, even with ecommerce, there are some things that do need to get taken care. For instance, you will need an impactful website that stands out among the crowd and you will need products and/or services that the market is currently looking for. You will also need to identify a network of suppliers that you can work with and hire employees to take care of the day-to-day activities as well.
Most importantly, you require capital to keep the business running and leverage business opportunities. This is where Capital Float’s Online Seller Finance comes to the rescue. If you, as a new entrepreneur, were to approach a bank or NBFC for a loan, you will be faced with difficult terms and conditions, the least of which is proving that you’ve run the business successfully for at least a year.
On the other hand, with the flexibility, ease of processing and convenience of accessing working capital even an amount as low as ₹1 lakh to as high as ₹3 crores, Online Seller Finance, specifically designed for ecommerce businesses, is the way to go.
1) Loan range from ₹1 lakh to ₹3 crores
We cater to a wide range of e-commerce merchants. Each merchant has a different capital requirement based on their business need or opportunity. With our wide ticket range, we cater to practically any working capital requirement of the online seller segment. These funds could be used for a variety of purposes such as making supplier payments, adding inventory during peak seasons or diversifying into new product categories.
2) Customized credit criteria
We acknowledge that each merchant is inherently different and must be treated individually. Unlike many traditional financial institutions, we don’t follow a cookie-cutter method to underwrite our customers. By leveraging Big Data & Analytics, we are able to underwrite each customer on the merit of their business performance and offer a tailored credit product. For example, the merchant is offered a specific loan amount basis their monthly sales on the marketplace and projected revenue.
3) Quick, online application process
We are a digital finance company and believe in limited paperwork. We offer the convenience of technology to our customers right from the start of the relationship. Borrowers can apply online using their mobile devices, as long as they are connected to the internet. The 10-minute application is very simple, quick and entirely hassle-free. The borrower can upload their documents online and need not visit a physical office for presenting the documents.
4) No pre-closure charges
Borrowers can close their loan by repaying the balance amount before the end of the agreed tenure. We offer the feature of ‘no pre-closure charges’, which means that the borrower will not be liable to pay any extra charges for closing the loan ahead of time.
5) Get up to 2x credit based on your marketplace sales
Online merchants applying for ‘Online Seller Finance’ can avail up to twice the amount of sales they make on e-commerce marketplaces. For example, if the seller makes ₹10 lakhs in sales per month, the seller can receive working capital funds of up to ₹20 lakhs. These funds can fuel growth on the marketplaces, helping the seller to increase their business geometrically. Higher the sales, the higher the eligible loan amount, higher the chances of leveraging business opportunities.
Our Online Seller Finance credit product is an unsecured working capital loan. The borrower need not pledge any security or asset as collateral to avail this loan. Funds are approved on the merit of the borrower’s business performance on the marketplace and not on their assets. Merchants can avail funds and operate without the anxiety of conceding their securities.
2) Funds in 3 days
Our technology and Big Data capabilities help us speed up the underwriting process. We understand that ‘timing makes all the difference’ to online merchants, given how dynamic the business is. Payments can’t be delayed and opportunities must be seized immediately. Bearing this in mind, we disburse loans to the borrower in less than 72 hours of the loan application.
3) Flexible repayment terms
Banks and other NBFCs typically function using the model of EMIs, or easy-monthly-installments. ‘Online Seller Finance’ allows you to repay the installment on a fortnightly basis. As a result, the installment is smaller in amount and is less burdensome to repay when compared to a monthly installment, which would typically be twice the sum. This way, your cash flows remain unaffected and you have more funds to deploy into your business.
4) Ideal for expanding your business
Financing the online seller segment is relatively new in the lending space. Not many financial institutions have fully understood this segment, which has caused several e-commerce sellers to return empty handed from formal lenders. Capital Float was the pioneer in digital lending to e-commerce sellers. Therefore, we’ve made it a lot easier for online merchants to avail finance for their business. Our partnerships with leading marketplaces like Amazon, PayTM, Snapdeal, Myntra, Shopclues, eBay, Craftsvilla, etc. has enabled us to reach to a wide range of sellers. Merchants on these platforms can avail easy funding and expand their business on the platform.
Eligibility and Documents
To qualify for ‘Online Seller Finance’ you must comply with the following parameters.
1) Applicant’s business must have minimum operational history of 1 year
2) Applicant’s partnership minimum vintage should be between 3-6 months
3) Minimum quarterly sales of ₹25,000
1) Bank statements for the last six months
2) KYC documents of the applicant and the organization
Fee and Charges
At Capital Float, we conduct business in the most transparent manner. This means, you’re only obligated to pay a processing fee of up to 2% for the loan. There are no hidden or pre-closure penalties during or after your application procedure.
Oct 24, 2018
Composition Scheme Changes
- GST rate at 1% for manufacturers and traders
- Composition scheme limit to be extended to ₹1.5 crore
- Composition tax of 1% on turnover of taxable goods
- Interstate sales are not permissible for composition dealers. Input tax benefit not allowed.
GST Filing Extensions
|GSTR form||Previous Due Date||Revised Due Date|
|GSTR-5 (for Non-Residents)||Before 20th August 2017 or & days from date of registration||15th December 2017|
|GSTR-4 (for Composition Dealers)||18th October 2017||24th December 2017|
|GSTR-6 (for Input Service Distributors)||13th August 2017||31st December 2017|
|ITC-04 (for the quarter of July-September)||25th October 2017||31st December 2017|
|TRAN-1||30th September 2017||31st December 2017|
Taxpayer Relief Measures
- Reduced Late Fee: For delay in the filing of NIL returns, late fee will be reduced from ₹200 per day to ₹20 per day.
- Credit of Late Fee: For filing of GSTR-3B for the months of July, August and September, late fee has been waived. Any late fee paid will be credited back in Electronic Cash Ledger under ‘Tax’ and can be utilized for GST payments.
- Manual filing for ‘Advance Ruling’ to be introduced
- Export of services to Nepal and Bhutan are now exempt from GST. Input tax credit, if paid, can be claimed for refund.
- Taxpayers with turnover less than ₹1 crore should file invoices every month, while those with turnover greater than ₹1 crore should file invoices every quarter.
Revised GST Rates for 178 Goods and Services
|Goods/Services||Present GST Rates||Revised GST Rates|
|Guar meal, Khandsari sugar, Dried or frozen vegetables, Uranium ore concentrate, Hop cones, Unworked coconut shells||5%||Nil|
|Desiccated coconut, Idli Dosa Batter, Coir products, Fly ash bricks, Worn clothes or rags, Fishing hooks, Leather or chamois after tanning or crusting, Nets of textile material, Restaurants (non-Ac)||12%||5%|
|Potato flour, Chutney powder, Sulphur recovered as by-product in refining of crude oil, Specified parts of aircraft, Scientific and technical apparatus, Computer software and accessories, Restaurants (AC)||18%||5%|
|Condensed milk, Diabetic foods, Refined sugar, Medicinal grade oxygen, Printing, writing and drawing inks, Pasta, Curry paste, Mayonnaise and salad dressings, Mixed seasoning, Parts of agricultural & sewing machinery, Bamboo and cane furniture, Frames and mountings for spectacles, Hand bags and shopping bags of cotton and jute||18%||12%|
|Wet grinders, Tanks and other armoured fighting vehicles||28%||12%|
|Chewing gum, Chocolates, Preparation of facial make-up, Preparations for oral hygiene, Toothpaste, Shaving and after-shave items, Shampoo, Deodorants, Detergents, Granite and marble, Handmade furniture, Electric switches, Watches, Sanitary ware, Cases, Cutlery, Refrigerators, Flavoured drinks, Water heaters, Fire extinguishers, Printers, Automatic goods vending machine, Transmission shafts and cranks, Fork-lift trucks, Self-propelled bulldozers, Batteries, Static converters, Vacuum cleaners, Cameras and projectors, Microscopes, Musical instruments||28%||18%|
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://safe.capitalfloat.com/cf/default/register?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=blog-content-button&utm_content=changes-gst-taxation-system-effect-15-november-2017″ text=”I want Business Loan” ]
Oct 24, 2018
In today’s world, saving money is of the utmost importance. If you are stressed about how to save money, then you are not the only one in this regard. Financial planning sounds easier than to practice. Even though it may be more exciting to spend money, you should try to practice saving for contingencies, as the future cannot be predicted and is uncertain.
Why is saving money essential?
Saving money can help you to become financially independent, providing you with security in the face of emergencies. Financial planning is necessary to set aside money for the family’s needs, such as the education of children, marriage expenses, healthcare expenses, planning for significant life events, retirement, etc. Saving money is an effective financial practice and a lifestyle choice with several proven benefits.
7 tips to save money
Though there are several ways to save money, you could consider implementing these seven tips:
- Awareness: Being aware is one of the most critical factors. If you are aware of your finances and spending habits, you will be able to consciously set more money aside.
- Prepare a budget: Begin by identifying your fixed and flexible expenses. This will help you evaluate how much of your corpus is depleted by unnecessary expenditure. After this, you can prepare a budget on a weekly or monthly basis by setting expenditure limits. This will help you pay your bills while simultaneously creating a pool of savings. You can make a budget on a weekly or monthly basis (based on your preference) with spending limits clearly defined. This budget may help you in saving extra money and restricting unnecessary expenditures.
- Curb the spendthrift in you: Many people aren’t always conscious of how lavishly they spend money on unimportant things. Tracking expenses will help you maintain a close vigil on expenses and keep the spendthrift within under control.
- Create an emergency fund: While facing emergencies, financial support in the form of insurance or loans may not be immediately available or they may not cover the need of the hour. At such times, savings come in handy to address the contingency. Therefore, make sure you set aside a fund for unforeseen expenses.
- Sell things you no longer use: There are many things we buy, and after some time, do not use any more. These items can be sold to generate funds.
- Savings calculator: Various types of savings calculators can be found online. These can be used to calculate the amount one can save over a given period of time. Using these calculators could encourage the habit of saving.
- Switch to a personal finance money management app: Spends tracking and budgeting can be made easy with personal finance management apps. Walnut is one of the most loved and rated apps in the market with over 10 million downloads. Use this app to unlock the financial planner in you.
It is necessary to save money, as it provides security, financial independence, and reduces stress. Get started on your journey of personal financial planning to achieve peace of mind and money in the bank for when you need it.
Oct 24, 2018